There are often many hidden safety hazards in the transportation, loading, and unloading of dangerous goods. Truck drivers and managers can easily induce a variety of safety accidents and bring disasters to enterprises and families due to bad working habits or improper operations.
Today, I will sort out the common sense and precautions in the process of loading and unloading various dangerous goods for your reference and study.
What should be paid attention to when loading and unloading dangerous goods?
A. Flammable liquid
1. There shall be no residues such as oxidants, natural objects, strong alkalis, etc.
2. The flammable liquid contained in the steel drum shall not be rolled and unloaded from a high place. When unloading the truck from the top or rolling operation, measures should be taken to prevent sparks, and there must be someone nearby to prevent damage caused by the impact of the steel drum.
3. When steel packaging is loaded in multiple layers, suitable liners must be used between the layers and they should be tied firmly.
4. For flammable liquids with low boiling points or easily polymerized, if the packaging container is found to contain swelling (drum barrels), the consignor can change the packaging before continuing loading.
5. When loading and unloading tank (tank) vehicles, the hand brake should be tightened, the wheels should be fixed, the engine should be turned off, the main power supply device should be cut off, and the static electricity removal device should be connected. Operators should not leave their posts. Explosion-proof lighting equipment should be used for night loading and unloading operations.
The floor of the transport vehicle compartment must be flat and intact. When shipping with iron bottom, protective measures such as plywood, plywood, rubber board, etc. should be taken, and there must be no acid, alkali, oxidant and other residues. During loading and unloading, operators are not allowed to wear fire or shoes with nails and work clothes that are prone to static electricity. Do not drop, roll, and prevent friction, impact and severe vibration during operation. It is strictly forbidden to touch open flames, high temperature, and use iron tools.
Items that can be stacked must be placed in accordance with the storage and transportation icons on the package, and the part of the tallest item that exceeds the fence must be less than one-third of the package. After loading the vehicle, it should be covered tightly with a tarpaulin and tied firmly. The total height of the stack of vans should not exceed 1.5 meters. When using mechanical loading and unloading operations, the load should be reduced by 2% according to the specified load. Avoid exposure to the sun, rain, high temperature, and open flames during transportation. When there is a thunderstorm on the way, stay away from trees, electric poles or large buildings to prevent lightning strikes. When transporting in a group, a special person should be designated to be responsible for unified guidance, and a safe distance should be maintained between vehicles. When parking a vehicle, you should choose the parking place strictly, away from high-voltage electricity, fire and high temperature and other places, and separate it from other vehicles and leave it under special supervision.
C. Compressed gas and liquefied gas
1. There shall be no grease pollutants and strong acid residues in the compartment.
2. Tighten the bottle cap when loading the car, and pay attention to protect the valve of the gas cylinder to prevent collision; the personnel under the car must wait for the personnel on the car to put the bottle properly before continuing to bottle the car. Two people are not allowed to bottle at the same time individually in the same compartment. Except for the gas cylinders that allow vertical installation (such as civil liquefied petroleum gas, etc.), the gas cylinders on the vehicle should be placed horizontally, load balanced, and properly fixed to prevent rolling. The valve shall face one side, and the uppermost cylinder shall not exceed the height of the carriage rail.
3. During the loading and unloading operation, do not aim the valve at the person, pay attention to prevent the bottle safety cap from falling off, the gas cylinder should be turned upright, and it is not allowed to take off the bottle or transfer it. The gas cylinder must be secure immediately.
4. When shipping large gas cylinders (with a weight of more than 0.5 tons) or forming a gas cylinder, the bottle and the bottle, the pallet and the pallet must be filled with wooden corks, and the mouth of the pallet should be facing On the right side of the carriage, there must be a fixed support at the gap between the rear baffle of the carriage and the gas cylinder, and a rope tensioner must be fastened to prevent the cylinder from rolling. Heavy bottles are not allowed to be loaded in multiple layers.
D. Corrosive products
Before operation, wear anti-corrosion protective equipment. For volatile and toxic vapor or smoke, a gas mask should be provided, and the packaging (including the seal) should be carefully checked for good condition and leakage is strictly prohibited. It is especially necessary to prevent the outer packaging from breaking and peeling off the bottom. Liquid corrosive products shall not be carried on one's shoulder, carried on their backs, avoid rolling, friction, and fragile containers and packaging shall not be stacked. Oxidizing items must not be exposed to high temperature and open flames. When there is a thunderstorm on the way, stay away from trees, electric poles or large buildings to prevent lightning strikes. When transporting in a group, a special person should be designated to be responsible for unified command, and a safe distance should be maintained between vehicles. When parking a vehicle, you should choose the parking place strictly, away from high-voltage power supply, fire and high temperature and other places, and separate it from other vehicles and leave it under special supervision.
Before operation, wear corrosion-resistant protective equipment. For volatile and toxic vapors or fumes, a gas mask should be provided, and the packaging (including the seal) should be carefully checked for good condition and leakage is strictly prohibited. It is especially necessary to prevent the outer packaging from breaking and peeling off the bottom. Liquid corrosive products are not allowed to be carried, carried on their backs, avoid rolling, rubbing, and fragile containers and packaging must not be stacked. Oxidizing items must not be in contact with combustibles and reducing agents. Organic corrosive products are strictly prohibited from contacting open flames, high temperature or oxidants. Alkaline and acid corrosion products are not allowed to be mixed. Inorganic acid corrosion products are not allowed to be mixed with organic acid corrosion products.
E. Flammable solids
1. Do not drop, roll, throw or throw during loading and unloading operations.
2. Before loading, no acid, grease and oxidant residues should be left in the compartment.
3. The loading and unloading site must be far away from fire and heat sources. Operators are not allowed to wear fire and nailed shoes.
4. It is strictly forbidden to use iron tools that easily produce sparks, and the loading and unloading machinery should be equipped with anti-spark devices.
5. It is strictly forbidden to ship wet and flammable items without rain and snow protection equipment in rain and snow.
F. Oxidants and organic peroxides
1. Before loading the vehicle, there should be no acid or soft powdery combustible residues in the vehicle, and it should be kept away from fire and heat sources when loading and unloading.
2. During loading and unloading operations, no drop, drag, friction or violent rolling, and no iron tools are allowed.
3. Strong oxidizers packed in steel drums must not be stacked. When stacking is necessary, safety liners must be provided between the containers.
4. Wheels of trolleys and forklifts should be made of non-metallic materials such as rubber. Loading and unloading tools must not be left or stained with impurities. Pallets and trolleys should be dedicated as much as possible. The loading and unloading tools should be equipped with devices to prevent sparks.
5. During transportation, the speed should not be too fast, and overtaking is not allowed.
6. For substances that need to be transported under temperature control, liquid air and liquid oxygen cannot be used as refrigerants when refrigerating measures are taken.
G. Poisonous goods
1. The packaging should be checked carefully before shipment, and leakage is found, and shipment is prohibited if damaged.
2. Ventilate the newly opened warehouse doors, containers, and enclosed carriages.
3. When loading and unloading operations, the corresponding protective equipment must be worn to prevent poisoning due to ingestion, inhalation or skin contact.
4. When the workload is large and the time is too long, it should be rotated or intermittently operated.
5. During the operation or after work is over, eating, drinking and smoking are not allowed without cleaning and disinfecting hands and faces.
6. Goods in small packages or beyond the rails of the carriage must be covered with a tarpaulin or net cover and tied firmly to prevent loss during transportation.
7. It is strictly forbidden to assemble poisonous goods with edible, medicinal and daily necessities.
8. After shipment,vehicles and tools must be strictly cleaned and disinfected. Food, medicine and daily necessities are not allowed to be shipped without inspection and approval by safety management personnel.
Dear truck drivers,please remember, safety must come first.Zhengzhou Dongfeng Mid-South Enterprise Co., Ltd,we always take truckers' safety as the most important standard above all.